Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you guys play before WoT?

+17
path64
Sword_of_Damocles
BattleMetalChris
Blue_Badger
Siggimaster
ch33ch
BPs
bombilakus
we_just_dinged_em
ianluxor
Laatikkomafia
Ozymandias
daddlar
Sessine
skudakoi
piritskenyer
diavolo_rosso
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What did you guys play before WoT? - Page 2 Empty Re: What did you guys play before WoT?

Post by Sword_of_Damocles Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:37 pm

my first gaming experience was a super nintendo aka SNES,back at 1994
Hardcore platform player!!
Everything that had mario in title was my speciality!
Donkey kong,Sim city,pilotwings,Legend of Zelda(My first rpg)
Lost vikings are amongst of my favourite those days.

a neighboor and good friend had AMIGA 500,so i played some gems of gaming such as
Monkeys island
Defender of the crown
Pirates
Leisure suit Larry
Duck Tales
Golden Axe
Elvira

At 1999 bought my first PC.Celeron 400.128 Mb sdram viper550 vga 6.4 gb HDD:drunken: 
With that rig i played and liked Carmaggedon2 carpocalypse now,Dracula,Crime Fandango,Age of empires2,Dungeon siege,Medieval total war(epic game...still i play this,Medal of honour series,Call of duty series,Warhammer40k,Titan Quest and the first expansion(can't remember name).
Last one before WOT was Dragonage origins and the first expansion.Game was fabulous at any aspect.
Storyline(although a bit cliche)
Role development
Graphics
I trully loved that game!!
Then there is WOT.A friend introduced me.Don't plays anymore btw.My first and propably last online game.Liked the game from the start.Can't say that i still enjoying playing,though.To be completelly honest,meeting Monty and entering his clan was the second best thing happened in Wot!First was meeting Jimlahey but that's a different story!lol!

I have spent vast amounts of time and over 250 euros for this game.I won't give up that easily

Last edited by Sword_of_Damocles on Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Sword_of_Damocles
Sword_of_Damocles
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

What did you guys play before WoT? - Page 2 Empty Re: What did you guys play before WoT?

Post by path64 Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:19 am

Rome Total War -Europa Barbarorum mod
If you liked rome total war but never played europa barborum version you have no idea what you missed, it turned checkers into chess.  I will get Rome2 when the Europa Barbororum crew finish their update.
Just check the factions and units they had

http://www.europabarbarorum.com/factions_aedui.html

Oh before that since 1993 I have been always looking for armoured warfare games
in 1993 I played alot of Campaign http://www.old-games.com/download/4188/campaign 
Lots of different drivable tenks in glorious 16 colour action. 
After that Microprose's first releace of M1 also in 16 colour, that game was good
Then in the late 90s Panzer Commander http://www.tanksim.com/reviews/panzer.htm
Also with loads of drivable tanks and built in voice coms for teamplay that worked.

path64
Company Commander
Company Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Spuff Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:31 pm

Like Ozy I'm a massive RPG fan. Baldurs gate 2 best game ever written, still play it today!! 
Like rts but I'm more old school, total annihilation, dune 2 and the command and conquer series. 
My previous addictions before WOT were planet side (anyone tried planetside 2? im downloading it but 8gig takes along time at 300kbps!) and championship/football manager. 

And yes I'm old enough to remember the original elite, cannon fodder, syndicate and the all time classic day of the tentacle and used to love chuckie egg and bubble bobble on the c64!!!! Oh the days of games on a cassette!

Spuff
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sword_of_Damocles Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:22 pm

Damn forgot to add Football manager 2006 Razz
Sorry
Sword_of_Damocles
Sword_of_Damocles
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by BadGene616 Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:47 am

My first computer was a TRS80.  It had a green screen.  And best of all, I had the chip to make it do lowercase!  Space invaders, and wordsearch on that.  Thinking.... Thinking Hard...  as it took about 3 hours to compile a wordsearch is still a byword in my family.

After that, BBC B (Repton, Airwolf... ELITE)
Electron (Elite)
Spectrum 128 +2 - (Outrun, Afterburner, Flying Shark, Iridium, Operation Wolf, Ace, Gunship, Gauntlet and of course, Elite)
Amiga 500+ (Elite, F19 Stealth Fighter, F15 Strike Eagle II, Elite...  (noticing a theme here?) Gunship 2000, F22 Retaliator, Frontier, First Encounters, Populous, Golden Axe, Moonstones, Heimdall and SPEEDBALL II!!!)
Then built my first PC at about 15 - Elite (of course) DIablo I, II and III, Pirates, Total War games, Dawn of War etc, Supreme Commander, Assassin's Creed, Company of Heroes and Call of Duty, Skyrim, Borderlands, Arkham City/Asylum, Alan Wake, Bioshock, GTA, Fallout, Crusader Kings II, X Beyond the Frontier - I've got about 250 games on steam...)

Then I discovered Eve Online.  And life changed.  Played from 2003 until about 2010.

Suddenly only PvP mattered.  I founded a corp which was dedicated to PvP, called Wrath of Fenris.  We had about 5 members.  Not really enough in Eve, when you want to do RR Battleship manouvers, and tbh we didn't really have a clue.  So we joined another corp, which promptly split.  So back to Wrath of Fenris, and when we stopped we'd made it to top 50 PvP corps in eve.  When you think we did this through piracy and faction war, and not doing the big alliance battles, that was pretty good.  In Game nick was Justinius for my PvP character. Apologies if I ever killed you Wink  Taking part in the alliance tournaments was probably the most awesome thing I've done in a game.  OMG the pressure.

Drogo got me into World of Tanks in January, after we'd played CoH online for a bit and found the servers to be pretty dead.  And not really played much else since then.

Last edited by BadGene616 on Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : MOAR GAMES)

BadGene616
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by TNTGibbon Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:03 am

First online was BF1942, Desert combat MOD.

Offline Gran turismo series till PS3. Wife had bout of gastro enteritis the day we were due to fly out on holiday one Summer so I cancelled, tucked her up in bed and went and bought an XBOX360 with Forza 2.
Played offline till the summer hols before Forza 3 came out. Thought I was shit hot. Wrong.

Played and fiddled practically every day until December last year when I stopped and decided to play WOT. It had become like work. If I built a car it had to get top twenty or it was pointless. Online races were a joke mainly. I had to run near stock cars to make it interesting. I was better than most. A few top tens here and there.
Racing leagues were full of dicks who make Garbad look like a saint, talked shit and then you beat them and they are all sweetness and light. Actually I find Garbad quite amusing so that's probably not a fair comparison.
So here I am and enjoying being a noob. Just wish you could tune and build your tanks like you can in forza. I like being rewarded for thinking.

TNTGibbon
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Bushwaka Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:44 am

Championship/Football Manager. From the very first one on the Amiga 500 to the present day. Its still my preferred game!

Sensible Soccer
Chaos Engine
Cannon Fodder
Kick Off
Speedball
The Settlers
C&C: Red Alert
Sudden Strike
Silent Hunter 1,2,3. Ubisoft fucked 4&5, the bastards......
COD: United Offensive [That was COD at its best!!!]
Bad Company 2
Bushwaka
Bushwaka
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2